Mark Feneley has wide research interests and has published extensively during his career. Subjects of interests have included
- Research on screening and early diagnosis of prostate cancer formed his MD at Cambridge University and his award of the Hunterian Professorship at the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 1997.
- Contemporary use of testosterone replacement and its relationship to prostate cancer
- Role of androgens and androgen signalling in benign and malignancy prostatic disease.
- Diagnostic and prognostic molecular markers in early stage cancer.
- Zonal differences in gene expression normal human prostate and its relation to disease.
- IT database applications supported by the NHS modernisation Agency
- Clinical trials in prostate and bladder cancer, including intravesical therapies for bladder cancer
He has published a large number of papers and book chapters.